The Institute for Creative Teaching is an in-depth week-long summer institute, in collaboration with the University of Denver’s Morgridge School of Education, offering the theory and practice of arts integration.
What is the Institute for Creative Teaching?
It is a nationally recognized professional development institute, offered in June, for educators, artists, and administrators to:
- Reignite passion for teaching and find renewed joy in the classroom.
- Discover ways to equip students with 21st century skills such as innovation, communication, collaboration, and critical thinking.
- Institute for Creative Teaching for Classroom and Arts Teachers: Arts Integrated Approaches to Education
- Participate in hands-on workshops with 5 master teaching artists to discover how to integrate arts-based practices into everyday teaching.
- Collaborate with arts integration specialists to connect and apply artistic experiences to the standards-based curriculum.
The personal growth is as important as the ideas for the classroom. The potential for networking is amazing. The most memorable thing was collaboration with other participants and instructors and the quality of the artists and their approachability and flexibility. Every teacher should take this training. It will enable you to reach children in a completely different way.
Participants receive 35 contact hours toward CDE license renewal.
Register for 2016 Institute for Creative Teaching – June 20-24, 2016